It’s really nice to have Eddie around, he being one of those who really cherish the peps. Isa talaga sa matibay na haligi ng grupo. We just received from him some class memorabilia that he’s been keeping all these years.
Challenge: can you name the whole staff of The Barangay? Eddie sent us a copy of its staffbox and here are the people who ran our official student newspaper in English:
- Editor-in-Chief: Ma. Rosarita T. Quijano
- Associate Editor: Red George G. Hizon
- Managing Editor: Laarni E. Canicula
- News Editor: Dalisay C. Lizada
- Community News Editor: Yolanda P. Mañalac
- Features Editor: Zenaida C. Cervantes
- Literary Editor: Ana Marie Joaquin
- Sports Editor: Nenita T. Mercado
- Business Manager: Eduardo P. Roberto
- Finance Officer: Merle E. Salvador
- Reporters: Minerva M. Villafria, Catalino P. dela Cruz, Editha E. Ocampo, Nelia C. Alegre, Sonnie C. Jarabe, Joselito M. de Vera
- Staff Artists: Roderick C. Macatangay, Orlando B. Castro, Rogelio V. del Prado
- Staff Typist: Armando S. Ching
- Adviser: Mrs. Elma Pineda-Baking
Among the staffmembers, the following were non-IV-1 peps: Dalisay, Editha, Nelia, Sonnie, Orlando and Joselito. All of them were from IV-2, except for Nelia who was from IV-5.
Also listed in the staffbox were our school principal, Dr. Eufrocina V. Capili and our two assistant principals, Miss Natividad A. Samia and Miss Gilda I. Martinez. Two representatives from the Manila Division of City Schools were also included: Mrs. Clehenia C. San Juan, chief supervisor, journalism and Mrs. Anita Q. Antonio, supervisor, journalism.
The editorial staff was constituted on the basis of the results of the written and interview tests given by an evaluation board. Composing this board were Mrs. Baking, Mrs. Sabina Arafiles and Miss Virginia Jaen (our social studies teacher in our junior year). The interview test was conducted by Miss Samia.
Now, who can provide us with the staffbox of Ang Baranggay , our student publication in Pilipino?
(Update: Click here to see the staffbox of our official student newspaper in Filipino.)